Using SCOrch to write to a SQL database

Apr 16, 2013 at 2:08 AM
Hello again,

I have become stuck on a workflow that I am currently building. I am at a stage where I want to write data into a collection of differen tables within a database and was wondering what the best way to do this is.

I have found the 'Write To Database' activity, but this seems like a bit of a hassle to use if I am adding a whole lot of different data. Is there any way that I can add data using straight SQL. However I obviously don't want to be using hard coded SQL, I want to be able to have a template-like SQL script and then add all the data values into this template each time the workflow is run.
Apr 24, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Did you find a solution? I've been using the SCORCHDev.SQL.OIP to do my SQL Server table inserts. It allows more free-form SQL and lets you parameterize the input. I just set up a simple runbook and call this runbook all over especially for my logging.

https://scorch.codeplex.com/releases/view/85357
Apr 30, 2013 at 3:03 AM
Sorry for my delayed reply, yes i did find a solution and it was also the SCORCHDev.SQL.OIP. I have found this IP to be pretty powerful and very useful, I can run a number of different .sql files and even alter the .sql files using something like a replace text activity followed by the deploy SQL scripts activity which is part of the SCORCHDev SQL IP.