SharePoint IP - Download Document Error

Apr 9, 2013 at 2:54 AM
Hi Guys,

I am quite new to SharePoint and Orchestrator and am working on an automation project to pull down a document from SharePoint and then take the data out of that document (csv file) and input it into a database. This would replace the current method of having to manually look up the data and then enter it by hand into a form.

Anyway, I have begun with the Integration Pack for Microsoft SharePoint 1.30. I have my monitor list item set up correctly, so when it sees the document uploaded, it will move to the download document activity. However i get an error (see below) on the download document activity. When I check the logs, it would seem that the correct file is being accessed as the ID I pass in comes from the ID published by the monitor list item activity. I just don't understand what the error means exactly:
Exception occurred in SharePointDomain::DownloadFile: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

Details: Url = http://**********.*******/*********/********************/*****/*******/Document%20Library/check.csv, Destination = S:\

Exception: Exception
Target site: SharepointDomain.DownloadFile

Stack trace:
at jf.SCOrch.Integration.SharePoint.SharepointDomain.DownloadFile(String url, String destination)
at jf.SCOrch.Integration.SharePoint.DownloadDocument.DoExecute()
at jf.SCOrch.Integration.SharePoint.DownloadDocument.Execute(IActivityRequest request, IActivityResponse response)
*Please note: I have replaced the SharePoint address wth asterisks just as a measure of confidentiality, in reality it is the correct location.

Does anyone have any idea as to what would cause this error. Also if anyone has any idea on how to better achieve what I am looking for or any other suggestions, please feel free to let me know, it would be much appreciated.
Apr 9, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Josh,

is this S: drive present on the Sharepoint server or on the Orchestrator run book server?
Why don't you download the file to a local drive on the sharepoint server and then do the SQL import from there or move the file further from the local drive to the required location. There is a run book action available to create a drive mapping.That should defenitely work.
Apr 10, 2013 at 12:41 AM
Thanks for the reply. The S: drive is present, it is a network drive so it is available to all servers. After a lot of trial and error, I have finally figured out that my syntax is the issue. When giving a location for the file to be written to, i have to include an actual file name not just a folder location.

Wrong:
S:\
Right:
S:\filename.csv
Apr 10, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Yes, you need to include the entire path incl. filename here. Some extra advise: Try to avoid fixed names and use Published Data or define a variable for it. that makes it flexibleand better manageable.