Orchestrator & Operations Manager Extensibility Kit
The Orchestrator – Operations Manager (OpsMgr) Extensibility Kit
includes examples of how to extend OpsMgr using both the OpsMgr and Orchestrator SDKs. The C# code and compiled DLL included here offer four Orchestrator objects. Two of which can be used to automatically create or delete notification subscriptions based on an existing Channel as well as work against existing Pending Agent Installs in the SCOM database and two which can be used to list then approve pending agent installs.
This Extensibility Kit includes:
- Orchestrator Ready DLL:
- Can be used with the “Invoke .NET” object included in the Integration Pack for “Orchestrator Integration Toolkit for Microsoft .NET”
- NOTE: This DLL is dependent on some other resources, see System Requirements.
- C# Source Code:
- Example C# Source Code illustrating the combination of the OpsMgr and Orchestrator SDKs.
- NOTE: These C# files are dependent on some other resources, see System Requirements.
This Extensibility Kit (DLL to be used with the Orchestrator Integration Toolkit (OIT) “Invoke .NET” activity) adds the following activities to the Orchestrator:
- Create OpsMgr Notification Subscription (OpsMgr.OpsMgrSDK.OpsMgrNoteSubcriptionCreate)
- Delete OpsMgr Notification Subscription (OpsMgr.OpsMgrSDK.OpsMgrNoteSubcriptionDelete)
- List Pending Agent Installs (OpsMgr.OpsMgrSDK.OpsMgrListPendingAgentInstalls)
- Approve Pending Agent Installs (OpsMgr.OpsMgrSDK.OpsMgrApprovePendingAgentInstall)
This DLL (and appropriate dependencies) can be rolled up into an Orchestrator Integration Pack (not included here) by using the OIT Wizard.
Please Refer to the included User Guide as well as the available TechNet Blog Post (http://blogs.technet.com/b/charlesjoy/archive/2010/11/05/8-minute-demo-ois-scom-extensibility-kit-2-0.aspx
) for more information (some of the blog post is for OIS 6.3, but the concepts remain the same - some of the names have changed, but everything functions identically)